Thursday 26 January 2012

Letterpress #1

For my brief about Benjamins theory of aura, relating to me dissertation, I need to experiment with different production techniques including; digital, mechanical and manual. Letterpress is a brilliant one to start with as it uses typography so is the most appealling to me! Through initial research I know how to use alternate methods make it obviously letterpressed, through an emboss or shine as demonstrated in these blog posts.

These are the available typeface and ornaments I can use, I can also mix any colour and if I know the CMYK values, I can try and mix pretty accurately. Tested different stock, and newsprint was the clearest, but the ruled paper gave the most shine.

Thoughts:
Create a digitally printed version of deliverable and letterpress version of deliverable to show digital and mechanical printing processes. Both using the same typeface, layout, colour everything. Need to figure out how manual production method could be shown in this way also.




No comments:

Post a Comment