Friday 16 March 2012

Golden

More info on my PPD blog.

Visited Golden on Thursday, and Vanessa gave me a portfolio surgery which was helpful, but similar stuff which all the professionals have said to me! Don't focus on typography so much and show off other skills which are there such as layout and branding. She advised me to do an advertising brief from D&AD and work on a campaign for this, exactly what I am doing from Brief #5 Aviva! Also I said about using 2 colours for Brief #2 Aura and said I was thinking of red but not sure why, she then said it was probably because of red and green vision and colourblindness which got me thinking of the 23D glasses and how I could cancel out a colour to make some of the content 'disappear'. She also mentioned that the digitised mædate logo doesn't reflect the craftness of the garments and what if thwe client changes her style in the future. However, I think Sally will always use macramé under the name mædate, but I agree with what Vanessa was saying. She did think the laser cut version looked better and especially on the stock chosen. I need to look into how this logo could be translate digitally, especially for her website, but still keeping hold of the feel of the craft and not so digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment