Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fashion and printer

A printer came in to talk to the fashion students about the printing of their tags and lookbooks. I expressed an interest and my clients tutor allowed me to sit in. We could not get a quote but it was great to see some samples of stock and ask a professional about restrictions on thickness of paper etc. An impratnent bit of infomration I learnt was that in order to perfect bound a publication, it must be 2.5mm thick. Also if we want to print on tissue paper, we may have to screen print it ourselves as the thinnest they can print on is 60gsm.

The textured stock took our eye and may be something to use in the future for the publication. Both me and Sally are keen on using the same stock for all printed deliverables to keep consistency throughout the brand. We need to find out how many of each deliverable we need and get a range of quotes and paper samples from different printers to decided upon stock.









No comments:

Post a Comment